Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant Disney’s Spoodles at the Boardwalk Resort Arugula Salad Recipe at home and enjoy this magical salad, a warm bacon dressing served over fresh greens, from Spoodles restaurant at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort.
Photo by lapoli
Disney’s Spoodles at the Boardwalk Resort Arugula Salad
A Disney Copycat Recipe
Spoodles Restaurant is located at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort at Disney World in Orlando. Restaurant critic Scott Joseph says: “This Disney restaurant offers true Mediterranean cuisine, not just Italian. This is not for the steak-and-potatoes crowd, it’s for the adventurous diner. The tapas-oriented menu is perfect for sampling the authentic dishes of the Mediterranean countries. Order a tableful of small dishes and share them all — everything is wonderful.”
Restaurants love to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home – And we love to share them with you. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
Disney’s Spoodles at the Boardwalk Resort Arugula Salad from 2002 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Disney’s Spoodles at the Boardwalk Resort Arugula Salad Recipe
- Sauté Pan or Skillet
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Spoon for Stirring Dressing
- Large Salad Bowl
- Serving Plates
- 1/2 pound fresh Arugula Leaves cleaned
- 1/8 pound fresh Spinach Leaves cleaned
- 1/2 cup diced Granny Smith Apples
- 1/8 pound Gorgonzola crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted Walnuts
- Warm Bacon Vinaigrette (Recipe below)
- Prepare Warm Bacon Vinaigrette according to recipe below.
- Combine arugula and spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Ladle Warm Bacon Vinaigrette over greens, Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle apples, crumbled cheese and toasted walnuts over top and around salad.
Warm Bacon Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1/4 pound Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1/4 cup diced Spanish Onion
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon White Wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Pimento
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 1 dash Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-cracked Black Pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté bacon.
- Add onion, vinegar and wine.
- Add pimento and olive oil.
- Stir in sugar and chicken stock.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk cornstarch and cold water until completely blended. Add to chicken stock mixture.
- Add garlic powder, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool just until warm and serve.
- Or... Allow to cool completely and store in a tightly sealed container, in the refrigerator, until ready to serve. Reheat to warm before using.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Fresh arugula salad with goat cheese, walnuts and homemade dressing is by lapoli and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, lapoli. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is courtesy of Disney and was featured on CFN13 TV, Orlando, in 2002. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!