Make our Disney’s Mission Tortilla Factory BLT Wrap with Avocado Spread Recipe at home. It’s easy to make and great for a light lunch or an outdoor party.
Photo by Jessica Alpern
Disney’s Mission Tortilla Factory BLT Wrap with Avocado Spread
A Disney Copycat Recipe
Mission Tortilla Factory was a mini-attraction located at Disney California Adventure, which gave visitors a brief tour through the tortilla world by telling its history and showing the process of its manufacturing. The attraction permanently closed on May 31, 2011.
Disney's Mission Tortilla Factory BLT Wrap with Avocado Spread Recipe
- 4 Mission or other brand Burrito-Size Flour Tortillas
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Red Pepper Sauce of choice, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 large leaves Red Leaf Lettuce
- 2 large Tomatoes cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 slices cooked Bacon or Turkey Bacon
- Starting at the top, with a very sharp knife, cut down into each avocado until you hit the pit. Cut completely around the avocado, top to bottom, touching the pit the entire time.
- Pull the two halves of the avocado apart and remove the pit with a spoon.
- Use the spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. Make sure to gently scrap the skin to get the dark, creamy "good stuff."
- Place 2/3 to 3/4 of the softest avocados in a mixing bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash them.
- Place the remaining firmest avocados on a cutting board or plate and chop into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces. Add these to the mashed avocado in the bowl and mix well.
- Add sour cream, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and a dash of salt. Mix well.
- Spread each warmed tortilla with 3 tablespoons of avocado spread.
- Layer with lettuce, tomatoes and bacon.
- Fold in sides and roll up.
BLT Pasta Salad with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
BLT (Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato) Sandwiches are a Southern Tradition, best enjoyed in late Summer when the homegrown tomatoes ripen on the vines. Creamy Pasta Salads are a tradition in the South enjoyed at cockouts, gameday parties and tailgating, family reunions, picnics and field parties.
So combining the two favorites into Southern BLT Pasta Salad is a No-Brainer. And a Summer party hit every time.
Photo of Avocado is by Jessica Alpern and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Jessica. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of The Disney Wiki and Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!