Make this Straight-From-the-Restaurant Disney’s Jiko – The Cooking Place Mac and Cheese Recipe at home. This All-Time Kid Favorite is easy to make at home. And just wait until you tell them it is from Disney World!
Photo by Casey Smith
Disney’s Jiko – The Cooking Place Mac and Cheese
A Disney Copycat Recipe
At Jiko – The Cooking Place in Disney World’s Animal Kingdom Lodge “vibrant spices, crackling wood-burning ovens and boutique South African wines transport you to the heart of Africa.”
Occasionally restaurants are kind enough to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these recipes with our fans.
Jiko – The Cooking Place Mac and Cheese from 2014 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Disney Jiko - The Cooking Place Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 8 ounces shredded Italian Four-Cheese Blend such as Mozzarella, Asiago, Fontina and Provolone
- 1/4 teaspoon Coarse Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Elbow Macaroni
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and melt butter.
- Add flour, stirring until combined. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until golden (do not let brown).
- Add milk, whisking until completely smooth and no lumps remain. Simmer mixture, stirring frequently, until sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cheese to saucepan in small batches, stirring until completely melted each time.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, stirring to combine.
- Place cooked macaroni in a large bowl. Pour in cheese sauce. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Macaroni and Cheese is by Casey Smith and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Casey. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Disney’s Jiko – The Cooking Place Mac and Cheese Recipe was provided by Disney to the Orlando Sentinel in 2014. Additional Information Courtesy of Disney and Wikipedia where it is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!