Make our Disney’s House of Blues Voodoo Shrimp Recipe at home tonight. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Voodoo Shrimp will taste just like House of Blues’.
Photo by Jazz Guy
Disney’s House of Blues Voodoo Shrimp
A Disney’s House of Blues Copycat Recipe
- Blackened Voodoo Lager beer is sold at large, full-service liquor stores and some larger supermarkets.
- Shrimp base is a paste-like flavoring agent sold in specialty stores and larger supermarkets.
- At the House of Blues, this shrimp is served with their signature Rosemary Corn Bread.
Disney's House of Blues Voodoo Shrimp Recipe
- 3 3/4 cups Blackened Voodoo or Other Lager Beer, of choice (See Note 1 Above)
- 2 1/2 Bay Leaves
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 tablespoon Shrimp Base
- 1/4 tablespoon Chicken Base (See Note 2 Above)
- 1/4 cup granulated White Sugar
- 16 ounces Heavy Cream
- 6 medium to large Shrimp peeled, deveined and with tail left on
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil to sauté
- 1 ounce Butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped Tomatoes
- Corn Bread (See Note 3 Above) to serve
- Cut Chives to garnish
- Rosemary Sprig to garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine beer, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cayenne pepper, basil, oregano, shrimp base, chicken base, sugar and cream. Mix well.
- Place saucepan over low heat. Simmer until the mixture coats the back of spoon. Remove from heat, set aside and keep warm.
- Season shrimp to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place oil in a large sauté pan. Heat oil to shimmering over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté until just done. Do not overcook.
- When shrimp is just done, ladle 4 ounces of prepared simmered sauce into the pan.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, add butter and tomatoes. Mix well and melt butter.
- Cut a wedge of corn bread in 1/2. Toast halves, if desired.
- Place bottom half in a shallow serving bowl.
- Top with shrimp and some of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Place remaining wedge of corn bread on top.
- Garnish with rosemary.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Atlantic City, New Jersey, St. Patrick’s Parade” is by Jazz Guy and is used by permission under the Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode. Thank you, Jazz Guy. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!