Make Disney’s House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf with this Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe and your Cajun Meatloaf will taste just like Disney’s.
Photo by jeffreyw
Disney’s House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf
A Disney House of Blues Copycat Recipe
Occasionally restaurants are kind enough to share their recipes with their fans so they can cook and enjoy their favorite dishes at home. Alton has spent hours tracking down these recipes. We are proud that we can help the restaurants share these vintage recipes with a whole new generation of fans.
Disney’s House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf Recipe from 2002 is a Straight-From-the-Restaurant Recipe.
Disney's House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 ounces sliced Green Onions
- 1/2 cup chopped Yellow Onion
- 2/3 cup chopped Celery
- 2/3 cup chopped Bell Peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 1/4 pounds Ground Beef
- 12 ounces Ground Pork
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Disney's House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf Gravy (Recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place butter in large pan. Place pan on stovetop over medium heat and melt butter.
- Add onions, celery, bell peppers and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Stir in cream and ketchup. Cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour onions/celery/peppers mixture into a large bowl
- Add ground beef, ground pork, eggs, bread crumbs, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, cayenne and black pepper. Mix well
- Fill prepared pan with mixture, packing to make sure there are no air pockets.
- Place in oven and bake 2 hours, or until internal temperature is 160°F.
- Remove from oven and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Drain grease. Serve immediately or store in a tightly covered container, in the refrigerator, until ready to serve.
- Reheat before serving.
- Cover meatloaf slices with hot Disney's House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf Gravy.
Disney's House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf Gravy Recipe
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Mushrooms cut in half or quartered, if large
- 10 ounces diced Spanish Onions
- 10 ounces diced Bell Peppers
- 10 ounces diced Celery
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 ounce Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chicken Base
- 3 1/2 ounces Flour
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- When oil is hot and shimmering, carefully add mushrooms, onions, peppers and celery. Sauté until vegetables are soft and mushrooms have given up their liquid.
- Add black pepper, Worcestershire Sauce and chicken base. Turn off heat.
- Drizzle in flour and mix well with a whisk, making sure their are no lumps.
- Turn heat back on and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to make sure gravy does not stick to the bottom and/or burn, for 15 minutes. Adjust heat as needed.
- Remove from heat and serve with Disney's House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Mmm… meatloaf is by jeffreyw and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Jeffrey. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Disney’s House of Blues Cajun Meatloaf Recipe was originally shared in the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper circa 2002, found on the WayBack Machine and has been modified in presentation only, to be consistent with all other recipes on this site. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!