Make our Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Dirty Rice Recipe at home today. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Dirty Rice will taste just like Dinosaur Bar-B-Que’s.
Photo by Jeff
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Dirty Rice
A Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Copycat Recipe
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is a restaurant, blues venue and biker bar chain that first opened in 1988 on Willow Street in downtown Syracuse and now has 7 locations in upstate New York and New York City.
In May 2009, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que was voted America’s best barbecue in ABC’s Good Morning America poll. Approximately 4000 out of the 7500 participants in the poll chose Dinosaur Bar-B-Que.
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Dirty Rice Recipe
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 cups Onions peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Green Pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 - 2 Jalapeño Peppers seeded and minced
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless Chicken Thighs, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1/4 pound Ham cooked, cut in strips or cubes, about one cup
- 1/4 pound Pork or any other meat cooked, shredded or diced, about 1 cup
- 1/2 pound Chicken Liver puréed in a food processor
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 1/2 cups Long Grain Rice parboiled
- Set a Dutch oven on stove top.
- Pour in oil.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot and shimmering, toss in onions, green peppers and jalapeño peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until tinged with brown.
- Add garlic. Cook 1 minute more.
- Toss in the cubed chicken. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Crumble in sausage. Continue to cook, stirring, until sausage loses its pink color.
- Toss in ham, pork (or other meat) and liver purée.
- Pour in broth. Stir to coat meats.
- Add cayenne, cumin, oregano and bay leaf. Stir to mix well.
- Stir in rice. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down low. Simmer for 20 minutes without stirring.
- Pull pot off the stove. Remove the bay leaf.
- Stir to fluff rice.
- Taste. Add salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Serve hot.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “dinosaur Bar-B-Que (7)” is by Jeff and is used by permission under the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) Creative Commons License. Read the Full License Here – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode. Photo of “The Yelp Elite Invitational!” (Dinosaur Bar-B-Que information image) is courtesy of Yelp Inc. and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Jeff and Yelp. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes formally widely-circulated on the internet – courtesy of the Wayback Machine. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Information courtesy of Wikipedia. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!