Make our Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream Ice Cream Recipe for your family. Delicious by itself, this is also the “base” for many of Cold Stone Creamery’s Signature Creation Ice Creams. Now you can make some signature creations of your own at home.
Photo by SoQ錫濛譙
Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream Ice Cream
A Cold Stone Creamery Copycat Recipe
Cold Stone Creamery Sweet Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- In a large saucepan, add sugar and cornstarch. Whisk to combine.
- Pour in cream, milk and corn syrup. Whisk until well-blended and sugar has dissolved.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap or wax paper. Press wrap or paper against the surface of the mixture. This will prevent a skin from forming.
- Place in the refrigerator until fully chilled. Then transfer to freezer and freeze 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours.
- Pour chilled ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and freeze until nearly firm.
- Delicious on its own or make your Own Signature Creations.
- Serve cold.
Mix-InsTo add Mix-Ins, scoop out a serving of ice cream into a chilled bowl or onto a chilled plate. Allow to soften for a bit if too firm. Use a spoon to mix in Min-Ins. Transfer to a serving bowl, if desired. (Alternately, if everyone wants the same Mix-Ins, or if you plan to eat the entire recipe yourself 😉 , you can add any Mix-Ins that will not crumble or soak up too much liquid, in during the last 5 minutes of processing in ice cream maker. M&M's, Chocolate Chips and Cookie Dough Bites, good - Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Crushed Graham Crackers and Waffle Cones, bad) Some Mix-Ins Ideas to make your Own Signature Creations
- Brownie Chunks
- Caramel, Chocolate or Berry Sauce
- Chocolate or Butterscotch Chips
- Chopped Candy Bars Pieces
- Chopped Peanuts, Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch or other Cereals
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Crushed Oreos, Nutter Butters or other Cookies
- Crushed Sugar Cones or Waffle Cones
- M&M's, Nerds, Skittles or other Bite-Sized Candies
- Sprinkles, Funfetti
- Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
- ... Or Anything Else You Like. Have Fun - It is YOUR Signature Creation
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “SMQ_9623” is by SoQ錫濛譙 and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, SoQ錫濛譙. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!