Make our Chinese Restaurant-Style Hot and Sour Soup Recipe at home. This favorite dish can be found on the menus of many Chinese Restaurants and Take Outs and is just as delicious made at home.
Photo by Amy Ross
Chinese Restaurant-Style Hot and Sour Soup
A Chinese Restaurant-Style Copycat Recipe
Although this recipe does not come from a specific restaurant, it will be instantly familiar to many of you from dishes you have enjoyed at your local favorite Chinese Restaurant or Take Out.
Chinese Restaurant-Style Hot and Sour Soup Recipe
- One 14 1/2-ounce can Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup cooked shredded Chicken
- 1/4 cup sliced Bean Curd
- 1/4 cup sliced dried Wood Ears Mushrooms rehydrated
- 1/8 cup sliced Bamboo Shoots
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Black Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground roasted Schezuan Peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Black Peppercorns
- A few drops Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Egg slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon minced Green Onions to garnish
- In a large sauce pan, combine chicken broth, chicken, bean curd, mushrooms and bamboo shoots.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, fish sauce, water, corn starch, peppercorns and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Place sauce pan over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the base comes to a boil, add seasonings. Continue to boil for 2 - 5 minutes as soup thickens slightly.
- Add beaten egg slowly, stirring to create ribbons.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon into serving bowls. Garnish with minced green onions.
- Serve hot.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Hot and Sour Soup” is by Amy Ross and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Amy. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is traditional. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!