Make this Lost Favorite, Chi-Chi’s Santa Fe Chicken Wings Recipe at home tonight for your family or for your next party. Chi-Chi’s Restaurant is sadly gone, but you can relive the joy of eating at this all-time favorite Mexican Restaurant with our Secret Restaurant Recipe.
Photo by SausageKingofSeattle
Chi-Chi’s Santa Fe Chicken Wings
A Chi-Chi’s Copycat Recipe
Chi-Chi’s is one of the most fondly remembered Lost Restaurants for many of us. Relive the joy of eating at this all-time favorite Mexican Restaurant with this recipe.
Chi-Chi's Santa Fe Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2/3 cup Ketchup
- 1 1/3 cups Chi-Chi's Smooth & Spicy Picante Sauce Medium or other Picante Sauce of choice, divided
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 pounds Chicken Wings cut at joints, discard wing tips
- Ranch and/or Blue Cheese Dressings of choice, for dipping
- Celery Sticks for serving
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, 2/3 cup picante sauce, honey, garlic, cumin and chili powder. Mix well. Add the chicken wings.
- Pour mixture into a large, recloseable food storage bag.
- Add the chicken wings.
- Seal the bag. Shake and turn to coat wings evenly with the sauce.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate, shaking and turning about every 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove chicken wings from marinade, shaking excess marinade off.
- Arrange wings in single layer on greased wire rack placed over baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook about 50 minutes or until the wings are cooked and glazed, turning once during cooking and basting with 1/3 cup picante sauce.
- Serve with dressings and celery sticks.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Hot Wings! is by SausageKingofSeattle and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, King. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!