Make our Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken Recipe at home tonight for your family. It’s “Deep Fried Pieces of Chicken Breast Covered in a Sweet and Spicy Orange Sauce. Served with White Rice and Vegetables.”
Photo by Bob B. Brown
Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken
A Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipe
Cheesecake Factory Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 - 2 Eggs beaten
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated Orange Peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place egg in another medium bowl.
- Add chicken to egg mixture. Toss to coat all pieces.
- Remove chicken pieces, a few at a time, allowing the excess egg to drip off, place in flour mixture. Toss around to coat well.
- Place on a plate and continue until all chicken pieces are floured.
- Heat oil in a large cooking pot or deep fryer to 360°F.
- Add chicken to hot oil and deep fry, in batches if necessary, until completely cooked. Remove to a paper towel-covered plate to drain. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine 1 1/2 cups water, lemon juice, orange juice and soy sauce. Stirring, cook over medium heat for a few minutes until hot.
- Add in brown sugar, orange peel, ginger and garlic powder. Stir to combine and dissolve brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into sauce until it thickens.
- Place chicken into a serving bowl.
- Pour hot orange sauce over breaded chicken.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve hot with white rice and steamed vegetables
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “The Cheesecake Factory” is by Bob B. Brown and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Bob. Great Picture – as usual. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!