Make our Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Shrimp Bake Recipe at home. Based on the traditional Alabama Shrimp Bake recipe, this easy-to-make dish is perfect for Summer Parties. It can easily be doubled or tripled for larger gatherings, too.
Photo by Manoel Netto
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Shrimp Bake
A Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Copycat Recipe
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. is an American seafood restaurant chain inspired by the 1994 film Forrest Gump. The first Bubba Gump opened in 1996 on Cannery Row in Monterey, California, as the first and only (even to this day) casual restaurant chain based on a motion picture property. Currently there are more than 38 Bubba Gumps 22 in the US and 16 international locations.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. serves scratch-made, southern-style comfort dishes mainly, as you might imagine, of shrimp – but also has burgers, ribs, salads and cocktails.
Restaurants display movie memorabilia throughout the restaurant. Guests can play Forrest Gump movie trivia and can signal their waiter with a “Stop, Forrest, Stop” sign.
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Shrimp Bake Recipe
- 1 cup melted Butter or Margarine melted
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly coarse ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Hot Sauce of choice
- 3 cloves Garlic finely minced
- 2 1/2 pounds large or jumbo Shrimp unpeeled
- 2 thinly sliced Lemons
- 1 thinly sliced Onion
- Fresh Rosemary Sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, rosemary, red pepper flakes, hot sauce and garlic. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Rinse shrimp and drain well.
- Layer shrimp, lemon slices, and onion slices in a large, ungreased, baking dish.
- Pour butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Place uncovered in preheated oven. Basting occasionally with the pan juices, bake for 12 -15 minutes or until shrimp have turned pink.
- Remove from oven and garnish, with a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Serve hot from the baking dish.
The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Cookbook: Recipes and Reflections from FORREST GUMP
Forrest Gump stepped out of the pages of Winston Groom’s novel, up onto the silver screen, and into the hearts of more than 30 million Americans. If you’re lucky, you count yourself among them.
Now you can open to any page… and just like Forrest’s mama said about life… “You never know what you’re gonna get.” There are shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, shrimp cocktail… over 75 recipes all told, and every mouth-watering one of them heaven-sent.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “San Francisco – Bubba Gump” is by Manoel Netto and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Photo of Bubba Gump Sign by Dino Quinzani and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License. Thank you, Manoel and Dino. Great Pictures. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet. Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Information courtesy of Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and Wikipedia where it is used by permission. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!