Make this Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Recipe at home tonight. With this recipe, from Brio, your Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant will taste just like Brio Tuscan Grille’s.
Photo by Yelp Inc.
Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant
Brio Tuscan Grille is owned by the same group that owns Bravo! Cucina Italiana. There are 29 Brio Tuscan Grilles and 23 Bravo Cucina Italiana locations spread across the United States.
Brio Tuscan Grille is a warm, relaxed Italian eatery serving Tuscan-inspired grill favorites along with wine and cocktails. Brio specializes in Northern Italian cuisine including bruschetta, pizza, pasta, steaks, seafood, soup and salad.
In this delicious signature dish, Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant, shrimp are grilled to perfection, placed over sautéed eggplant and covered with a spicy sauce.
Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Recipe
- Two 1/2-inch slices Eggplant breaded
- Oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning of choice
- 10 large Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 4 ounces Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Sauce (Recipe Below)
- 3 ounces Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Red Bell Pepper for garnish
- Freshly chopped Parsley for garnish
- Prepare Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Sauce according to recipe below. Set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, fry eggplant in oil until golden brown. Season eggplant with Cajun seasoning. Set aside.
- Wipe out sauté pan with a paper towel.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to sauté pan. Heat over medium heat.
- When hot, add shrimp. Cook half way.
- Add black pepper, to taste, prepared Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Sauce and heavy cream. Bring to a boil (increase heat, if needed). Let simmer 1 minute.
- Add butter, salt and pepper, to taste, stirring to melt butter.
- Cut each eggplant slice in half. Place two halves on each serving plate.
- Top with shrimp and sauce.
- Garnish with red bell pepper and parsley.
Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons diced Yellow Onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning of choice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 2 ounces Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon White Wine
- In a small sauce pan, heat vegetable oil.
- Add onion, garlic, bay leaf and Cajun seasoning. Sauté until lightly caramelized.
- Add lemon juice, water, Worcestershire sauce and white wine. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook until mixture reduces in volume to 4 ounces.
- Discard bay leaf.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Yelp Buddies Share Bites at Brio Tuscan Grill is by Yelp Inc. and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Yelp. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Brio Tuscan Grille Spicy Shrimp and Eggplant Recipe is courtesy of Brio, from The Orlando Sentinal’s Thought You’d Never Ask Column, circa 2011, by the Wayback Machine. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!