Make our Bennigan’s Beer Cheese Soup Recipe at home. This delicious creamy soup is a perfect warm up on cold winter nights.
Photo by Thomas Cizauskas
Bennigan’s Beer Cheese Soup
A Bennigan’s Copycat Recipe
Bennigan's Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1/2 stick Butter or Margarine
- 1/2 cup finely diced Onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Celery
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Juice
- Dash White Pepper to taste
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup good Beer
- Add chicken stock to a large pot. Place over medium heat and begin to warm.
- Place a medium stock pot, over medium heat. Add butter or margarine and melt.
- Add prepared celery and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add flour, Stir together with a wire whisk. Continue to stir and cook for 2 minutes. Sauce will be very thick.
- Add warmed chicken stock to the sauce. Mix well until it is completely mixed and smooth.
- Add tomatoes with juice and white pepper. Stir mixture well.
- Add Velveeta cubes, a few at a time, stirring, until the cheese has melted completely.
- Once the cheese is melted, pour in the beer. Stir well.
- Serve hot garnished with anything you like - grated Cheddar cheese, Feta crumbles, paprika, sliced green onions or even popcorn, as Thomas has in the photo above.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Beer-Cheese Soup is by Thomas Cizauskas and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Thomas. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!