Make our Applebee’s Chicken Fajitas Recipe at home. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Chicken Fajitas Recipe will taste just like Applebee’s.
Photo by Sarah Stierch
Applebee’s Chicken Fajitas
An Applebee’s Copycat Recipe
Note – Recipe below makes one serving — it may be enough for two if you have some sides.
But the recipe is super-easy to increase by simply multiplying the amounts. Cooking times will remain the same and can be done ahead of time and kept warm. So this is a great recipe for a party or get together.
Applebee's Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- One 5-ounce Chicken Breast
- 1 ounce Fajita Seasoning store bought or homemade
- Vegetable Oil to sauté
- 1/2 Tomato cut into slices or wedges
- 4 ounces Onion sliced thin
- 2 ounces Yellow and Red Peppers deseeded and cut into strips
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream to serve
- 1/4 cup Pico de Gallo or Salsa store bought or homemade, to serve
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese to serve
- 4 Flour Tortillas to serve
- Fresh Jalapeños to serve
- Place chicken breast in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 fajita seasoning. Rub in. Turn and sprinkle second side with remaining seasoning. Rub in.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator, for at least 1 hour and up to a day or until ready to cook.
- Place marinated chicken on clean lightly oiled broiler.
- Cook chicken until done. Make sure it reaches minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from oven to a cutting board.
- Slice chicken into 32 to 40 thin pieces. Set aside and keep hot.
- Place tomato, onion and peppers in a large sauce pan with a little oil.
- Place over medium heat and sauté until tender and fragrant.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove to a serving bowl and keep hot.
- Place tortillas in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Place pico de gallo or salsa, sour cream, Cheddar cheese and fresh jalapeños in small serving bowl.
- Serve by placing all ingredients on table or serving board to allow everyone to prepare their own tortillas.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of “Chicken Fajitas” is by Sarah Stierch and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Sarah. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Recipe is our adaption of several recipes widely circulated on the internet. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!