Make our Applebee’s Blackened Whitefish Sandwich with Kookaburra Sauce Recipe at home. This Applebee’s Lost Favorite will be a new favorite of everyone in the family.
Photo by Memphis CVB
Applebee’s Blackened Whitefish Sandwich with Kookaburra Sauce
An Applebee’s Copycat Recipe
Applebee's Blackened Whitefish Sandwich with Kookaburra Sauce Recipe
- 2 Tilapia Fillets approximately 6 to 7 ounces each
- Clarified Butter or Butter-Flavored Cooking Oil as needed
- Cajun or Blackening Seasoning as needed
- 2 round Sandwich Buns or Burger Buns
- Shredded Lettuce to dress, if desired
- Tomatoes Slices to dress, if desired
- Red Onion Slices to dress, if desired
- Pickles of choice, to dress, if desired
- Applebee's Kookaburra Sauce (Recipe below)
- Prepare Applebee's Kookaburra Sauce according to the recipe below. Set aside.
- Place tilapia fillets on a plate.
- Brush both sides of each filet with clarified butter or cooking oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of each filet with approximately five pinches of seasoning. Rub in slightly with your hand.
- Place a well-oiled fry pan or skillet on medium high heat.
- When hot and oil started to shimmer, carefully place each filet in skillet and cook to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, turning once.
- Toast buns in oven, toaster oven or toaster.
- Place a filet on each toasted bun.
- Serve with garnishes as desired and Applebee's Kookaburra Sauce on the side.
Applebee's Kookaburra Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (We always choose Duke's)
- 3 tablespoons Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 tablespoons minced Green Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons minced raw Carrots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared Horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced Pimiento
- 2 tablespoons minced Yellow Onion
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Vermouth
- In a medium bowl, stir or whisk ingredients to blend well.
- Taste. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place in a covered container, in the refrigerator, to chill for at least one hour or until ready to serve.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Blackened Fish Sandwich is by Memphis CVB and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Memphis. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!