Make our Applebee’s Big Apple Burger Recipe at home. It is “Two grilled half-pound patties covered with double the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese then topped with four slices of bacon, red onion, lettuce, tomato and a creamy horseradish sauce” of goodness.
Photo by Krista
Applebee’s Big Apple Burger
An Applebee’s Copycat Recipe
From the Applebee’s Menu – “Two grilled half-pound patties covered with double the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese then topped with four slices of bacon, red onion, lettuce, tomato and a creamy horseradish sauce.”
Applebee's Big Apple Burger Recipe
- 2 pounds ground Beef or Chuck
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 8 slices cooked Bacon
- 4 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- 4 slices Tomato
- 4 - 6 slices Red Onion
- 2 Extra Large Rolls
- Applebee's Big Apple Burger Sauce Recipe below
- Applebee's Big Apple Burger Sauce according to recipe below. Set aside.
- Divide the meat into 4 large patties.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grill or fry until done on one side. Flip.
- Add one slice of Cheddar and 1 slice of Monterey Jack cheese to each patty.
- Cook until done to you preference on second side. Remove from skillet or grill and build burgers.
- Build the Burgers
- Slather the top and bottom buns with sauce.
- Place the bottom bun on a plate and build the burgers in this order - lettuce, 2 slices tomato, 2 -3 slices red onion, 2 patties and 4 pieces bacon.
- Place the top bun on and grab some napkins - this is one monster burger.
Applebee's Big Apple Burger Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish
- 4 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Water
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
- This sauce is delicious with deep fried onions and other vegetables or deep fried meats such as shrimp or wings.
Get More Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We send out Additional Email-Only Copycat Restaurant Recipes each week. Sign up NOW to get EVERY RECIPE.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Applebee’s fire pit bacon burger is by Krista and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Krista. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!