Make our Applebee’s Bacon Scallion Mashed Potatoes Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Mashed Potatoes will taste just like Applebee’s.
Photo by Clotee Pridgen Allochuku
Applebee’s Bacon Scallion Mashed Potatoes
An Applebee’s Copycat Recipe
Applebee's Bacon Scallion Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds Potatoes peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt for cooking Water
- 4 cloves Garlic peeled
- 5 strips Bacon cut into 12 pieces each
- 1 cup thinly sliced Scallions
- 1/2 cup Milk warmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper to taste
- Add potatoes and garlic to a large pot.
- Add enough lightly salted water to cover.
- Place pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove and drain in a colander.
- Add bacon to a large skillet. Place over medium heat and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel-covered plate.
- Pour out all but 1 teaspoon bacon grease from pan.
- Add scallions to grease. Sauté until soft, but not brown.
- Add bacon back into pan. Stir. Remove from heat.
- Place drained potatoes back into pot.
- Add milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Mash potatoes to desired consistency.
- Add bacon and scallions. Mix well.
- Serve warm. Reheat, if necessary, before serving.
Get Notified of All New Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes
Sign-up for our FREE Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes Emails and Never Miss a New Recipe.
NOW With 2 Ways to Get Emails on YOUR Schedule – Daily or One Email per Week.
And Please Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Sites
You’ll Stay in Touch, Get More Recipes from All of Our Sites and Help Us Spread the Word about Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes to All Your Friends.
Photo of Applebee’s Cowboy Burger Loaded Smashed Potatoes is by Clotee Pridgen Allochuku and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Thank you, Clotee. Great Picture. Photos may be “representative” of the recipe and not the actual finished dish. All photo licenses listed were correct at the time of the posting of the page. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Email Buttons below to SHARE this Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!