Make our White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Sliders will taste just like White Castle’s.
Unlike the Big Mac where the sauce is the key with White Castle Sliders the key is the cooking method.
The company itself describes the cooking as “steaming” rather than frying. The patties have 5 holes in each of them (have you ever noticed?) to allow the steam to rise through to the buns and allow the patties to cook without flipping. They also coat the grill with water (along with the onions) before putting the meat on to create more steam.
All this makes it very easy for them to produce the 100’s and 100’s of burgers a day that they sell but very difficult for us to reproduce at home.
But let’s try anyway, shall we?
White Castle Hamburgers or The Famous White Castle Sliders
- 1 pound of 85% lean ground Beef
- 16 small Buns (Dinner Rolls work quite nicely or you can cut hot dog buns in half)
- 1 cup dehydrated Onion – rehydrated
- Sliced Dill Pickles
- Divide the beef into 16 equal sized pieces.
- Form each into a 2-1/2 inch square, very thin patties. Do this on waxed paper.
- Then “cookie-cut” five holes in each pattie. The pattern should resemble 5 on a dice. A CLEAN pen cap or small bottle cap works nicely.
- Freeze these 16 patties.
- On a pre-heated 375 degree electric griddle, lay about 1-1/2 Tablespoons of onions for each patty you want to cook along with a little of the water from the onion. The onions should be spread into a single layer.
- Immediately place frozen patty directly on top of onions and press down.
- Cook for about 4 minutes right on top of the onions. The holes in the beef will allow the steam to cook the top side. (You don’t flip)
- Place the buns on the patties at about the halfway mark. If you want to do it like they do at White Castle:
Place the top bun face-down on the pattie
Place the bottom bun face-down on the top bun
When the meat is done, using a spatula, remove the three layers and grab the bottom bun.
Flip it over and place it under the spatula.
Slide the burger off of the spatula.
If you have done it correctly, it should be perfectly completed.
- Add a dill pickle slice and you are done.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- McDonald’s Big Mac and Special Sauce
- Burger King Whopper and Angry Whopper
- Hardee’s Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- More Coming Soon
Photo of White Castle Double Slider is by Marshall Astor – Food Fetishist and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our White Castle “Sliders” Burger Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes about as long as it takes to eat a White Castle “Slider” and they will love you for it!