Make our T.G.I. Fridays Jack Daniels BBQ Glaze and Dipping Sauce at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce will taste just like T.G.I. Fridays’.
The sad truth is that most “chain” sauces — whether it is BBQ sauce, hot sauce, tarter sauce, steak sauce, whatever — are just not very good.
It actually quite understandable really — consider that a national chain restaurant has to please tastes in cities and small towns all over the nation — from Maine to California and Washington to Florida — or even all over the world.
And that’s just impossible.
Take a common hot sauce, for instance. A heat level that would please a Texan or someone from New Orleans would be way, way too hot for most people in Iowa. A good mustard in New England would never please someone in Denver. And consider that there are 1,000’s of varieties of hot sauce, BBQ, mustard, gravy, steak sauce, tartar sauce, etc.
So, most chain restaurants do not have very good sauces.
Which is why it is such a pleasant surprise to discover T.G.I. Friday’s Jack Daniels BBQ Glaze and Dipping Sauce.
This stuff is good. Really, really good.
It’s smokey and tangy and sweet.
T.G.I. Friday’s Jack Daniels BBQ Glaze and Dipping Sauce everything you want from a barbecue glaze.
Is it the best BBQ sauce ever? Of course not.
But T.G.I. Friday’s Jack Daniels BBQ Glaze and Dipping Sauce just might be the best chain restaurant sauce I’ve ever tasted.
T.G.I. Friday’s Jack Daniels BBQ Glaze Restaurant Recipe
To Roast Garlic
- 1 whole bulb of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
To Make Sauce
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons crushed Pineapple
- 1/3 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder, to taste
- First you are going to need to roast the bulb of garlic.
Roasted Garlic is so useful in so many recipes — and SO Delicious — that we have devoted an entire page to it. Luckily, it is super-easy to do.
Click the link below to watch a video and read step-by-step instructions.
- Once the garlic is roasted and removed from the bulb, and mash well with a fork.
- In the saucepan combine water, brown sugar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture combines and boils then reduce heat until just simmering.
- Add the mashed garlic into the saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pan and stir.
- Let mixture simmer for 40-50 minutes or until sauce has reduced to about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn’t boil over.
As with any sugar-based sauce, if you are grilling with it, only apply the sauce in the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking so as not to burn the sugars.
Serve extra on the site for dipping. You may want to double the recipe.
Note – Roast more than one blub of Garlic and use the others to make wonderful Garlic Bread for this meal or save up to a week in the refrigerator to use in other recipes.
The Weekend Grillers — BBQ and Grilling Supersite.
You’ll find recipes for all your grill favorites — from grilled appetizers clear through to grilled desserts and everything in between — including recipes for grilled steak, ribs, chicken, burgers, fish and much more. In addition you can learn the best tricks and tips from some of the biggest names in the BBQ and Grilling World.
Oh, heck. You love good food and this is some of the very best stuff on Earth. So just go check it out.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Tony Roma’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs and BBQ Sauce
- Hard Rock Cafe Baby Rock Watermelon Ribs
- Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce
- A&W BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- Famous Dave’s Award Winning Ribs Recipe and BBQ Tips
- KFC Cole Slaw
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Jack Daniel’s Glazed Ribs, T.G.I. Friday’s, Guam is by yuichi.sakuraba and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License.
Photo of Grilled Ribs is by izik and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our T.G.I. Fridays Jack Daniels BBQ Glaze and Dipping Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!