Make our Red Lobster Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Coconut Shrimp will taste just like Red Lobster’s.
Red Lobster Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 1/2 pound large Shrimp, butterflied
- 1 cup sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 cup plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Pina Colada mix
- 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch (yes, another 1/2 cup)
- Mix the bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
- Combine the Pina Colada mix, powdered sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/2 cup cornstarch in a separate bowl.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees for deep frying.
- Coat shrimp first in cornstarch, then in the Pina Colada mixture, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs/coconut mixture.
- Place the shrimp back into pina colada mixture, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and drain.
Serve with Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce.
Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup Pina Colada mix
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons cold Water
- Mix together Pina Colada mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium-low heat until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently.
- Let mixture simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water together and add to sauce. Blend well.
- Let mixture simmer for and additional 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
Sauce is served at room temperature.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Red Lobster Peach Bourbon BBQ Shrimp and Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Applebee’s Onion Peels
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp is by cobalt123 and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Red Lobster Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!