Make our Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Orange Chicken will taste just like Panda Express.
Delicious, easy to make and kids LOVE it! What more could you ask for?
Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless chicken pieces, skinned
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- white pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch + 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dash crushed hot red chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Orange Chicken Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- The zest of 1 Orange
- Cut chicken pieces into 2-inch squares and place in large bowl.
- Stir in egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
- Stir cornstarch and flour together.
- Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Add chicken pieces, small batch at time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and crisp. (Do not overcook or chicken will be tough.)
- Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- Clean wok and heat 15 seconds over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Add and stir-fry crushed chilies and green onions.
- Add rice wine and stir 3 seconds.
- Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
- Add cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir water into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth.
- Add to chicken and heat until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon oil and sesame oil.
Serve over rice
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Panda Express Orange Chicken by Candy Beauchamp – http://candybeauchamp.com/ and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Panda Express Orange Chicken Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!