Make our P. F. Changs China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe tastes just like P. F. Chang’s.
This recipe is pretty long and complicated. But it’s really good.
If you are short on time — or ambition — try just making the delicious sauce and pouring it over store-bought or take-out fried rice, noodles or … well, anything.
P. F. Changs China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breast, cut into medium size chunks
- 4 ounces All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 ounces Cornstarch
- 1 Egg
- 6 ounces Water
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon lite Soy Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- Vegetable oil for frying (plus 2 tablespoons for finishing sauce)
- 1/2 cup Sake or Rice Wine
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 ounces Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lite Soy Sauce
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- Cornstarch slurry (1/4 cup corn starch mixed with 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tablespoons minced Garlic
- Red Bell Pepper and/or Scallions, julienned
Make the Batter
- Mix ingredients for the batter together until just combined.
- Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours to rest.
Prepare the Chicken
- Coat chicken well with seasonings and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Prepare the Sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients, mix thoroughly and reserve for serving.
Cook the Chicken
- Pour vegetable oil into fryer or heavy bottomed sauce pot.
- Heat slowly to 340-350 degrees.
- Put 1/4 of the marinated chicken in a clean bowl and pour enough batter over to coat.
- Remove a few pieces at a time from the batter, using slotted spoon or large fork. Shake off excess batter.
- Carefully lower chicken into the hot oil.
- Suspend the chicken until the batter “sets,” 20-30 seconds. Chicken is done when golden to light brown and crisp.
- Remove to platter with paper towels to drain.
- Repeat for all the chicken.
Remember to check the oil temperature, it must remain hot.
Finish the Sauce
- Heat the reserved sauce in sauce pan, bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch slurry, a little at a time. The sauce will thicken, let it come to a thickness of “loose honey.” Let cook for a minute or two.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and add some minced garlic, red bell pepper and scallions and stir-fry briefly.
- Add 1/3 to 1/2 of the chicken (depending on pan size) and stir-fry briefly.
- Add enough sauce to just coat chicken. Stir-fry again briefly.
Serve over crispy noodles, rice or egg noodles or steamed rice
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- P.F. Chang’s General Tso Chicken
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of P. F. Chang’s China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce is by Mike McCormick and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our P. F. Changs China Bistro Cantonese Stir Fry Sauce Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!