Make our O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Recipe at home tonight for your family. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Loaded Potato Soup tastes just like O’Charleys’.
O’Charley’s is a VERY regional restaurant — mainly in the Midwest.
But even if you have never eaten at an O’Charley’s or even heard of them, you are gonna LOVE O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Restaurant Recipe.
Trust me — It’s everything potato soup should be — creamy, cheesy, bacon-y (is that a word?) — and then some!
O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
- 3 pounds Red Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 quarts Half-and-Half
- 1 pound block Velveeta Cheese, melted
- White Pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 pounds Bacon, fried crisply
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh Chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- Dice unpeeled red potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Place in a large Dutch oven, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Let boil for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- In a separate large Dutch oven, combine melted margarine and flour, mixing until smooth.
- Place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until smooth and liquid begins to thicken.
- Add melted Velveeta. Stir well.
- Drain potatoes and add to cream mixture.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place soup into individual serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, chives and parsley.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Baked Potato Soup is by WhitneyInChicago – Visit Whitney’s blog here – http://whitneyinchicago.wordpress.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our O’Charley’s Loaded Potato Soup Restaurant Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!