Make our Homemade Nutella Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Recipe your Nutella will taste just like the real thing.
Homemade Nutella Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Hazelnuts
- 1 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons Hazelnut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the hazelnuts out on a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until dark brown and fragrant, 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through baking. Keep a close eye on them, as they can go from perfect roasted to burnt in a short amount of time.
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a medium-sized bowl.
- Once the hazelnuts are cool enough to handle, place a second bowl upside-down on top of the bowl with the hazelnuts.
- Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds to remove the skins of the hazelnuts. It may take a few times to get all of the skins off; each time, remove the hazelnuts that have lost their skin to the bowl of a food processor, then continue shaking.
- Process the hazelnuts in a food processor until their oil is released and they form a smooth, loose paste, 2 to 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl often.
- Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, hazelnut oil, vanilla extract and salt and process until fully incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed, about 2 minutes. The mixture will loosen and become glossy.
- Transfer the spread to a jar with a tight-fitting lid or an airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 1 month.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Twix Bars
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Nutella is by Frédéric BISSON – http://zigazou.wordpress.com/ and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Homemade Nutella Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!