Make our Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies Secret Home Recipe at home anytime of the year. With our Secret Home Recipe your Samoa Cookies will taste just like the ones you get from the Girl Scouts.
Girl Scout Samoa Cookies Copycat Recipe
Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies are my favorite Girl Scout Cookie. There is just something about the chewy caramel and chocolate that I can’t resist. I know that I am not alone in this.
Here is a good and fairly easy to make copycat that uses store bought shortbread cookies.
24-30 shortbread cookies
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups toasted coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Place each shortbread cookie in cup of a greased muffin tin.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
3. Heat to a full boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
4. Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
6. Continue cooking over low heat until candy thermometer reaches 220-228 degrees.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in vanilla.
9. Beat until creamy.
10. Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
11. Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls over shortbread cookies.
12. Cool completely.
13. Remove cooled cookies from muffin tin onto waxed paper.
14. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over cookies and let chocolate harden at room temperature.
15. Store in airtight container.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Girl Scouts Samoa Cookies Secret Home Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!