Make our Chili’s Southwest Egg Rolls Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Southwest Egg Rolls will taste just like Chili’s.
Chili’s Southwest Egg Rolls Recipe
- 1 pound of skinless boneless Chicken Breasts or Chicken Tenders
- Vegetable Oil, for cooking
- 1/4 cup Red Pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, minced
- 3/4 cup frozen Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh Spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup canned Jalapeño Peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Colby Jack Cheese, shredded
- 12 7-inch Flour Tortillas
- 1 Egg
- Oil for your Deep Fryer
Cook the Chicken
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts or tenders lightly on both sides.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan and heat to medium on the stovetop. Cook the chicken breasts or tenders until done. Set the cooked chicken aside to cool down.
Prepare the Filling
- In a large mixing bowl combine the red peppers and green onions.
- In another bowl combine the corn kernels, black beans, spinach, jalapenos, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Dice the cooked and cooled chicken into small cubes.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add the peppers and green onions, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add the chicken and the contents of the other bowl (with the corn) to the pan and cook for about 5 more minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and start adding the cheese a little at a time, stirring constantly, until all is added. Stir until melted and well-combined.
Assemble the Egg Rolls
- Crack egg into a small bowl and beat it with a whisk.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 1/2 to 1 minute, until warm and pliable.
- Place a tortilla on a clean counter or table top and spoon 1/10 of the filling mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla and then roll up the tortilla tightly away from your self, stopping before reaching the end.
- Brush the beaten egg onto the inside of tortilla with a pastry brush and roll the tortilla up the rest of the way.
- Place finished egg roll on a cookie sheet with the seam side down.
- Continue rolling the egg rolls until you have used all of the filling
- Place all of the egg rolls on a cookie sheet, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for minimum 3 hours up to overnight.
Cook the Egg Rolls
- Heat the oil in your deep fryer to 350°F.
- Drop egg roll into oil. Fry them 2 or 3 at a time so you don’t get overwhelmed. Fry each for about 5 – 6 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Carefully remove cooked egg rolls, with tongs, and place them on a plate with paper towels and allow them to cool slightly.
- Repeat cooking until all egg rolls are done.
- Cut egg rolls diagonally lengthwise (see photo).
Serve with Chili’s Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce (recipe below).
Note – If you like, you can bake these too. They take about 25 – 35 minutes at 350°F.
Chili’s Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 fresh Avocado
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Buttermilk
- 3 teaspoon White Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Dill Weed
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Starting at the top, with a very sharp knife, cut down into each avocado until you hit the seed. Cut completely around the avocado, top to bottom, touching the pit the entire time.
- Pull the two halves of the avocado apart and remove the seed with a spoon.
- Use the spoon to scoop the avocado out of the skin. Some people like to score the avocado with a knife before scooping. Make sure to gently scrap the skin to get the dark, creamy “good stuff.”
- Put the avocado and all other ingredients into your mini chopper and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Pour into a serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill Cookbook: Explosive Flavors from the Southwestern Kitchen
Here are 150 recipes for the drinks, appetizers, soups, salads, main dishes, sides, sauces, desserts, and brunch dishes that have earned Bobby his reputation for creating innovative combinations and big, rich flavors, including:
- Grilled Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Tomato Jam and Cilantro Yogurt
- Queso Fundido with Roasted Poblano Vinaigrette
- Sweet Potato and Roasted Plantain Soup with Smoked Chile Crema
- Grilled Shrimp Brushed with Smoked Chile Butter and Tomatillo Salsa
- Seared Tuna Tostado with Black Bean Mango Salsa
- Coffee-Rubbed Filets Mignons with Ancho-Mushroom Sauce
- Spicy Coconut Tapioca with Mango and Blackberries
Complete with a guide no tequila lover should be without, a list of must-haves for the Southwestern pantry, menu suggestions for festive occasions with friends and family, Bobby’s pointers on basic cooking techniques, and 100 full-color photographs, Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill Cookbook helps you re-create the fun and flavors of Mesa Grill in your own kitchen.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Chili’s Southwest Egg Rolls by Andrew Abogado – http://www.andrewabogado.com/ – and used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!