Make our Chili’s Molten Chocolate Cake Restaurant Recipe at home tonight for your family from our video recipe. Our Secret Restaurant Recipe for their Molten Chocolate Cake tastes just like Chilis’.
The Molten Chocolate Cake, also commonly known as a Chocolate Lava Cake, was first created in New York City by Superstar chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten in 1987.
The popular dessert combines elements of the flourless chocolate cake and a soufflé.
You can find versions in many restaurants today, from fine dining to the chains.
One of the most popular of the chain restaurant versions is the one served at Chili’s.
Chili’s Molten Chocolate Cake Recipe
From the Chili’s Menu – “Warm chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling. Topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy chocolate shell.”
- 1 box Dark Chocolate Cake Mix
- Flour, for dusting
- Butter, for greasing
- Caramel Sauce, for serving
- Confectioners’ Sugar, for dusting
- Vanilla Ice Cream, for serving
- Magic Shell Chocolate Topping, for serving
- Whip Cream, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Follow the directions on the cake mix box to make the chocolate cake batter.
- Butter and lightly flour a large muffin pan (make sure not to miss any spots, or the cakes will stick). Tap out the excess flour. (Alternately, you can spray them with a non-stick cooking spray.)
- Divide the batter among the molds to fill about 3/4 full. The cakes will rise some, so leave a bit of room.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in the oven for 8 – 12 minutes until the outer edges are set and the center is soft set. Don’t overcook them. You want soft, liquid centers, on cupcakes.
- Pour a puddle of caramel sauce on the same number of plates as you have cakes and place a cake wide-side down in the center of the puddle.
- Dust each cake with confectioners’ sugar.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of each cake.
- Pour a bit of the Magic Shell Chocolate Topping over the ice cream and let is set for a moment to harden.
- Add a little whipped cream to each plate and enjoy.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Molten Chocolate Cake is by WallyG – Wally Gobetz and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Chili’s Molten Chocolate Cake Restaurant Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!