Make our Chili’s Awesome Blossom Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Awesome Blossom will taste just like Chili’s.
Chili’s Awesome Blossom and Dipping Sauce Recipes
- 1 large Sweet Onion
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Butter Milk
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoon Catsup
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fresh Horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Slice onion like a blossom by cutting the top 1/4 off (the top has the stem). Peel the onion being very careful to leave the root intact. Carefully slice from the top of the onion down but stop about 1/2″ before you get to the root, taking care not to cut through the root. Slice the rest of the onion like a pie into many servings.
- When complete soak onion in cold ice water for 1/2 hour so the onion’s petals will start to open up and bloom.
- Drain onion and dip in flour mixture and dust well.
- Dip onion then in buttermilk and back in flour mixture.
- Place in hot oil and fry until golden. Oil should cover onion.
- When done drain well and place on plate and cut center out of onion so the petals may easily be removed.
- Mix all together and serve in the middle of the onion blossom.
- Garnish with paprika and just a dash of red pepper.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Chili’s Awesome Blossom is by Sarah Marriage – http://www.works-and-days.com/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Chili’s Awesome Blossom and Dipping Sauce Recipes with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!