Make our Captain D’s Batter Dipped Fish Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Batter Dipped Fish will taste just like Captain D’s.
Captain D’s Batter Dipped Fish Recipe
- 2 pounds of Pollock or Cod Fillets (We’re all 3 pretty sure Captain D’s uses Cod. But either will work.)
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package Dry Yeast
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Beer (Not lite!)
- 1/2 cup hot Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In a bowl mix the yeast and beer.
- In another bowl beat together the egg, hot water and salt. (and peppers if used).
- Add the egg mixture to the beer.
- Slowly beat in the flour until batter is consistency of light pancake batter.
- Roll or dust fish with flour (I’ve seen some pat the fish after applying flour, similar to the motion of making a burger patty).
- Drop fish into batter and cover thoroughly.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Drain on baking rack or broiling pan.
Serve with Tartar Sauce – Here are a couple of good recipes:
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
The Photo of Battered Fish is by Schröder+Schömbs PR _ Brands | Media | Lifestyle – http://www.schroederschoembs.com/blog/ – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-ND 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Captain D’s Batter Dipped Fish Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!