Burger King no longer makes their Chicken Fires. But you can make some that are fairly close and really good at home for your family anytime with our Secret Restaurant Recipe. Your Chicken Fries will taste just like you remember them from Burger King.
Burger King’s Whopper has always been one of my favorite burgers from the big fast food chains. (It can’t carry the shoes of In-N-Out’s wonderful Animal-Style Burger, of course, but good for one of the monster chains.)
I honestly didn’t try the chicken fries before BK discontinued them, but several people have written, asking for the recipe. One of my friends tells me this one is close. If you make them, please let us know what you think and, if necessary, how we can improve them.
Burger King Chicken Fries Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Zatarain’s Dry Mix for coating meats
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
Oil ( for frying)
Various dipping sauces such as barbecue sauce, honey mustard or ranch dressing for serving.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. Then cut them down the middle to separate the breast halves.
- Next cut into the shape of chicken fries with meat scissors or a knife.
- Put flour and Fish Fri into separate resealable plastic bags.
- Lightly beat the egg with one tablespoon water. Shake four chicken fries at a time in the flour, shake off the excess, dip in egg wash.
- Shake off the excess, then shake in Fish Fry. Place the chicken fries on a plate to reserve for frying.
- Heat one inch of oil in a skillet to medium hot. Fry chicken fries in batches so they do not touch, turning, until they are golden brown.
- Drain chicken fries on paper towels and serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
- Ruby Tuesday Onion Straws
- More Coming Soon
- More Coming Soon
Photo of Chicken Fingers and Fries is by Gashaponcito and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Burger King Chicken Fries Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!