Make our Applebee’s Onion Peels Recipe at home tonight for your family. With our Secret Restaurant Recipe your Onion Peels will taste just like Good Ol’ Applebee’s.
Applebee’s Onion Peels Recipe
- 2 large Vidalia Onions or other Sweet Onions
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups Milk (see recipe)
- Oil for Frying
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees in a deep sauce pan on the stove or a deep fryer.
- Slice both ends off the onion.
- Rest the onion on your cutting board, flat side down, and cut it in 1/2 down the center. Cut each 1/2 into 4 to 5 more wedges.
- Separate the onion pieces and layers. You want separate onion “petals.”
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in 2 cups milk and blend until you have a smooth batter. Add more milk if needed. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes until it thickens slightly then whisk again.
- Dip each individual onion petal in the batter. Shake gently to remove excess batter and drop carefully into the hot oil. Do more petals until you have about 8 to 12 in the pot.
- Fry, stirring gently, for 1 to 2 minutes, until light brown.
- Remove and drain on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Repeat process until you have all the petals fried.
- Serve with the Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce (recipe below)
Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared Horseradish
- 2 teaspoons White Distilled Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Water
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon medium grind Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- Mix until creamy then cover and chill until ready to use.
If you like this recipe, you should sign-up for our FREE Restaurant Recipes Emails. We’ll send you a Cool Starbucks Recipe Book just for trying us out. You’ll love it.
You May Also Like These Recipes:
Click on any Name below for the Recipe
Photo of Onion Peels is by Kim – TheGirlsNY – and is used by permission under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) License. Recipe courtesy of http://deep-fried.food.com – Read more: http://deep-fried.food.com/recipe/applebees-onion-peels-49624?oc=linkback. Additional Information Courtesy of Wikipedia and is used by permission.
Please use the Buttons below to SHARE our Applebee’s Onion Peels Recipe with your Friends!
It only takes a minute and they will love you for it!