Panera Bread Black Bean Soup
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Celery Ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 large Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 small Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1 -1 1/2 cup boiling Water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Black Beans, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a pot, combine the first six ingredients; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add half a can of beans, salt and cumin; cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree soup (Use an immersion blender which makes it easy to do it right in the pot. This site --
MiniBlenders.net -- has a really nice selection).
- Add the rest of the beans to the soup.
- Combine the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of water.
- Add the lemon and the cornstarch to the soup; cook until thickened.
Photo of Panera Bread Black Bean Soup
by SimpleRich - http://www.simplerich.com/ - and used by permission under the
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0) License.